The Customer Support Engineer position is challenging and demanding role designed for college graduates or newcomers to the Unified Communication industry. This position is an entry-level position within Deltapath and has a specific career path within our services organization (Position can lead to senior support engineer, technical team lead, system/field engineer, technical sales, development, consulting & training experts, project and engagement manager, service manager, etc.).
You will be part of our world class support team working on tier 1 and 2 tickets coming via phone, web, and e-mail from our channel partner’s and customer’s engineers; perform proactive monitoring of customer production sites and carry out schedule maintenance and upgrades. You will also be involved in onsite / remote professional and field services activities such as system planning, deployment, and training. Occasionally, you will be expected to perform emergency support during non-office hours.
Critical Skills & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technology field.
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Telephony: T1/E1 PRI, ISDN BRI, CO Trunks, FXS Stations.
- Networking Administration and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, QoS, Router, Firewall).
- Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) and CCNA (voice) skill set.
- Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin, and English is an absolute requirement.
- Must be able to multi-task, including successfully working simultaneous projects and issues.
- Must be able to work under pressure and long hours under critical situations.
- Clear and detail oriented communicator and team player.
- Familiar with IP-PBX, IP Phones, gateways, POE switches, Video Conference equipment will be extremely useful.
- Passionate and proactive, team player, no politics.
- Flexible and able to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
- Previous experience in customer focused position involving technical knowledge of a company’s products and services is a plus.
Who should apply:
If you have proven ability to work as a member of a small team with an aggressive schedule, are able to demonstrate good judgment with respect to the interest of the company, time management, customer satisfaction, and you possess the technical skills defined, we welcome your application. Please note that fluency in the English language, as well as excellent communications and interpersonal skills are essential to the success of the applicant.